6▲ 6 ▼ 0
This public article was written by Admin Sheep, and last updated on 12 May 2020, 16:12.
[comments] [history] cws help
2. Clan roles
4. CWS Rules
If you have questions about the rules, please contact any of the staff (a listing of whom can be found here). Users who do not follow them will be warned. The site does have a ban feature, however we are really not looking to use it unless absolutely necessary.
Should you feel that someone has breached the rules, in the first instance, please report this to staff through the report feature using the category 'Report a user'. Please be aware it may take us a day or two to respond to your report.
[top]Section 1: Community Rules
- 1.1 Show respect to other users - Just some basic human respect towards other members. Undoubtedly you will not agree with every opinion that others have, but please keep disagreements to discussions, not arguments. Staff will intervene, delete posts, suspend users, or discuss bans with users who continually break this rule.
- 1.2 Profanity is allowed - This does not mean that you should be swearing like a sailor, but 'shit's and 'damn's and whatever else are fine. Do not use profanity to provoke or offend others.
- 1.3 No trolling, inflammatory/hate speech, insults, flaming, threats etc - This falls under respecting others, but please do not do anything to provoke, insult, or anything else listed above. This includes muckraking, spreading rumours, and otherwise attempting to mar, ruin, or damage the reputations of others. We're all human. Be nice.
- 1.4 Maintain civility with politics and religion - Everyone has their opinions, and we respect the ability for you to discuss your political or religious ideology in the correct spaces. Users are permitted to create clans for their interests.
- 1.4.1 Clans - All clans on CWS are subject to staff members joining in order to monitor discussions and verify adherence to site rules. Clans that are being used for discriminatory purposes, hate speech, and/or promotion of ideology/doctrines aimed against other CWS users are in violation of this rule and can be removed without warning.
- 1.5 Respect decisions by the admins or staff - We're not dictators, but decisions made for the site are meant for the betterment of the community. Please respect any decisions made. If you feel like something is unfair or there is something we haven't considered, please don't hesitate to contact us.
- 1.6 Minimum member age is 13 - Some content of the site, either native or posted by users, may not be suitable for individuals under 13 years of age. If you are under 13, please wait to join CWS when you are of the appropriate age.
[top]Section 2: Site Use
- 2.1 No pornography - Any nudity must be tasteful or concealed.
- 2.2 Nothing graphically violent - Some blood is ok, but once it crosses into guts, gore, viscera, etc., please do not post it.
- 2.3 You may only have one active account - any additional accounts will be banned, and data will not be transferred. If you are banned, creating a new account to circumvent the ban will only cement the ban.
- 2.4 No copyrighted/registered/trademarked/etc material is to be posted - This rule really is internet-wide, but remember that materials posted online are owned by their creators. Give credit where it is due, or use materials marked for reproduction via Creative Commons.
- 2.5 No hacking/phishing other users - Again, this would be under the respect category, but none of that. If another user attempts to obtain your password, please tell the staff immediately. Phishing for passwords or other attempts to access another user's information can result in being banned.
- 2.6 Sexual communication to or between minors is expressly forbidden - As the age of consent in many countries varies, there is a hard line drawn regarding any communication of a sexual nature between users who are underage. The majority of countries set legal adulthood at 18. Be aware that communication of a sexual nature with users under the age of 18 is grounds for banning.
[link] [quote] 06-Mar-16 02:47
⚧The People of CWSA space for nonbinary people. Anyone not completely identifying as male or female is welcome here.Tinzin
Normally I wouldn't correct a site rules article, but given that this is a site about languages, I feel the need to point out that this should probably be "breached". Not sure if "breeched" is even a word.
No disrespect intended, I'm sure it's just a simple typo, but I thought I'd point it out! ^^;
21 days ago+394argyleprovision 2.6 - underage sexual contact
on 24/04/20 22:09+275argylemember age requirement added
on 18/06/17 14:43+496argyleUpdate to rule 1.4, minor language adjustments
on 25/07/16 22:33+147argyleamendment to 1.4
on 25/07/16 22:27+8argylerenumbering
on 25/07/16 22:27+50argyleorganization
on 06/03/16 02:58+8hashitypo fix